What is ACM?
ACM, the Association for Computing Machinery, is the premier global community of computing researchers, educators, practitioners and students.
ACM is the leading body who are defining what computing can and should do. ACM sees a world where computing helps solve tomorrow’s problems – where they use their knowledge and skills to advance the computing profession and make a positive social impact throughout the world.
What is SIGCHI?
SIGCHI is the premier international society for professionals, academics and students who are interested in human-technology and human-computer interaction (HCI).
They provide a forum for the discussion of all aspects of HCI through our conferences, publications, websites, email discussion groups, and other services. They advance education in HCI through tutorials, workshops and outreach, and they promote informal access to a wide range of individuals and organizations involved in HCI. Members can be involved in HCI-related activities with others in their region through local SIGCHI chapters.
- The Chapter will be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes to promote the following:
- An increased knowledge of and greater interest in SIGCHI Computer-Human Interaction.
- Greater interest in computing and its applications
- A means of communication between persons having an interest in computing.
- The Chapter will serve students at Srishti Institute of Art, Design & Technology and other interested people in the community.
- The Chapter is chartered by ACM. It is formed and will operate under the sponsorship of ACM and the SIG Governing Board.
What do we offer?
As a student chapter, we aim to provide seminars, lectures, learning forums and networking opportunities with peers and experts across the computing spectrum. We could make projects or write a paper or find peers as per our interest within India and also from around the world. This chapter gives you an upper hand while searching for a job, internship or one can fulfill his quest for knowledge through ACM’s vast resources.